Monday, April 1, 2013

A "Wicked"ly Good Time

Yesterday Lorelai and I headed to Charlotte, NC for what I hope will become an annual tradition of sorts.  For the past year and a half Lorelai has been obsessed with the musical "Wicked."  She has the CD and the companion book to the broadway show, "The Grimmerie."  She knows the words to just about every song and for a five-year-old has an amazing grasp of the story.  When I saw that the show was going to be touring nearby I couldn't pass up the chance to take her to see it. 
 
Enjoying brunch at Waffle House before heading to the auditorium.

I took these as we were heading inside.

 Posing with her playbill.
 The binoculars were a novelty that she couldn't get enough of.
 She kept saying, "I feel like I can touch it."
 After the show we went outside to wait for the cast at the stage door.  She got autographs and had her picture made with sevral of the principal actors/actresses.

Here she is with Nessa Rose, the Wicked Witch of the East. 
 Fiyero ~ he is the love interest of the Wicked Witch of the West and becomes the scarecrow.
 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.  He was even giving out candy!

The Easter Bunny brought Lorelai some money to spend on souvenirs at the play.  She used her money to buy a stuffed animal of the flying monkey, Chistery.  Here she is with the two Chisterys.
 Lorelai and Madame Morrible.  Is it me or do they look like they could be related?
 Lorelai and the famous Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West. 
Her signed playbill.  We're probably going to have to start a collection, as I definitely see our theatre trips as a growing trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment